North Walsham writer publishes ‘escapist’ first novel in fantasy trilogy
- Credit: Archant
A North Walsham writer has described his excitement at publishing his first book.
James Wright, 29, was a former pupil at North Walsham High School and Paston College, and his first novel, Hopebearer, was released earlier this month.
Mr Wright said: 'I've always loved to read, and from as far back as I can remember it's been my ambition to write a novel.
'I wrote Hopebearer primarily for a teen audience, but I hope that lots of older people who are young at heart and who are after a bit of escapism will enjoy it too.
'This is a huge personal achievement and I hope residents of my home county will have as much fun reading it as I've had writing it.'
You may also want to watch:
Hopebearer is the first book in fantasy trilogy, The High Realm Chronicles, and Mr Wright has already begun work on the second novel.
He added: 'I'm very excited about the book, and can't wait to share it with my readers.'
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 4 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 5 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
Hopebearer is available to buy from Amazon.