North Walsham writer publishes ‘escapist’ first novel in fantasy trilogy
- Credit: Archant
A North Walsham writer has described his excitement at publishing his first book.
James Wright, 29, was a former pupil at North Walsham High School and Paston College, and his first novel, Hopebearer, was released earlier this month.
Mr Wright said: 'I've always loved to read, and from as far back as I can remember it's been my ambition to write a novel.
'I wrote Hopebearer primarily for a teen audience, but I hope that lots of older people who are young at heart and who are after a bit of escapism will enjoy it too.
'This is a huge personal achievement and I hope residents of my home county will have as much fun reading it as I've had writing it.'
You may also want to watch:
Hopebearer is the first book in fantasy trilogy, The High Realm Chronicles, and Mr Wright has already begun work on the second novel.
He added: 'I'm very excited about the book, and can't wait to share it with my readers.'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 4 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 5 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 6 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 7 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 8 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 9 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 10 'We don't rest on our laurels' - Norfolk restaurants keep Michelin stars
Hopebearer is available to buy from Amazon.