North Walsham writer publishes ‘escapist’ first novel in fantasy trilogy
- Credit: Archant
A North Walsham writer has described his excitement at publishing his first book.
James Wright, 29, was a former pupil at North Walsham High School and Paston College, and his first novel, Hopebearer, was released earlier this month.
Mr Wright said: 'I've always loved to read, and from as far back as I can remember it's been my ambition to write a novel.
'I wrote Hopebearer primarily for a teen audience, but I hope that lots of older people who are young at heart and who are after a bit of escapism will enjoy it too.
'This is a huge personal achievement and I hope residents of my home county will have as much fun reading it as I've had writing it.'
You may also want to watch:
Hopebearer is the first book in fantasy trilogy, The High Realm Chronicles, and Mr Wright has already begun work on the second novel.
He added: 'I'm very excited about the book, and can't wait to share it with my readers.'
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
Hopebearer is available to buy from Amazon.