North Walsham to Thorpe Market A149 road closures during roadworks
Sections of the main A149 route from North Walsham to Thorpe Market will close during two weeks of roadworks due to get underway at the end of the month.
The repair and resurfacing work, costing �285,000, is scheduled from Monday January 31 to February 11.
Works will initially stretch from 30m north of Topshill Road, Thorpe Market, for 100m towards Antingham.
After that section is completed, work will begin on a 1,400m section 70m north of Church Road, Thorpe Market, to 20m south of Elderton Lane, Antingham.
On Sunday February 6, work will be undertaken on a part of the road through North Walsham, beginning 50m west of the junction to the B1145, Greens Road, to Kingsway Road.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said a signed diversion route would be in place throughout and access to properties and business within each area of works would be maintained from one or other end of the closure.
He added that the council apologised for the inconvenience the essential maintenance would cause.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 3 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 6 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 7 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash
- 9 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 10 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph