North Walsham to Thorpe Market A149 road closures during roadworks
Sections of the main A149 route from North Walsham to Thorpe Market will close during two weeks of roadworks due to get underway at the end of the month.
The repair and resurfacing work, costing �285,000, is scheduled from Monday January 31 to February 11.
Works will initially stretch from 30m north of Topshill Road, Thorpe Market, for 100m towards Antingham.
After that section is completed, work will begin on a 1,400m section 70m north of Church Road, Thorpe Market, to 20m south of Elderton Lane, Antingham.
On Sunday February 6, work will be undertaken on a part of the road through North Walsham, beginning 50m west of the junction to the B1145, Greens Road, to Kingsway Road.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said a signed diversion route would be in place throughout and access to properties and business within each area of works would be maintained from one or other end of the closure.
He added that the council apologised for the inconvenience the essential maintenance would cause.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 10 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed