North Walsham to Thorpe Market A149 road closures during roadworks
Sections of the main A149 route from North Walsham to Thorpe Market will close during two weeks of roadworks due to get underway at the end of the month.
The repair and resurfacing work, costing �285,000, is scheduled from Monday January 31 to February 11.
Works will initially stretch from 30m north of Topshill Road, Thorpe Market, for 100m towards Antingham.
After that section is completed, work will begin on a 1,400m section 70m north of Church Road, Thorpe Market, to 20m south of Elderton Lane, Antingham.
On Sunday February 6, work will be undertaken on a part of the road through North Walsham, beginning 50m west of the junction to the B1145, Greens Road, to Kingsway Road.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said a signed diversion route would be in place throughout and access to properties and business within each area of works would be maintained from one or other end of the closure.
He added that the council apologised for the inconvenience the essential maintenance would cause.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 5 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 9 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk