North Walsham surgery set to be expanded
Proposals have been put forward for an extension at a north Norfolk doctor's surgery to include consulting rooms and a 100-hour pharmacy.
The extension would take place at Birchwood Medical Practice in Park Lane, North Walsham, with the consulting rooms and pharmacy positioned to the north of the site.
It is also proposed to add 10 more car parking spaces to the surgery, making the total, 44. Of those spaces, 19 will be marked spaces across the road from the surgery on a site which is currently unmade car parking.
The surgery will still be accessible from Park Lane, via the existing access way drive.
A planning application, submitted to North Norfolk District Council and currently under consultation, states; 'The proposals are for the extension to the medical practice to provide for additional and importantly required consulting rooms, and facilities improvements, including internal layout changes to enhance the visitor's experience of the medical practice.'
'Together with the consulting rooms is the requirement for a 100 hour pharmacy outlet, which is an accepted part of any medical practice these days, as encouraged by the government for one stop medical help and advice.'
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 7 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 8 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 9 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 10 House of Gucci - the Norfolk connection