North Walsham surgery set to be expanded
Proposals have been put forward for an extension at a north Norfolk doctor's surgery to include consulting rooms and a 100-hour pharmacy.
The extension would take place at Birchwood Medical Practice in Park Lane, North Walsham, with the consulting rooms and pharmacy positioned to the north of the site.
It is also proposed to add 10 more car parking spaces to the surgery, making the total, 44. Of those spaces, 19 will be marked spaces across the road from the surgery on a site which is currently unmade car parking.
The surgery will still be accessible from Park Lane, via the existing access way drive.
A planning application, submitted to North Norfolk District Council and currently under consultation, states; 'The proposals are for the extension to the medical practice to provide for additional and importantly required consulting rooms, and facilities improvements, including internal layout changes to enhance the visitor's experience of the medical practice.'
You may also want to watch:
'Together with the consulting rooms is the requirement for a 100 hour pharmacy outlet, which is an accepted part of any medical practice these days, as encouraged by the government for one stop medical help and advice.'
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 5 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74