North Walsham surgery set to be expanded
Proposals have been put forward for an extension at a north Norfolk doctor's surgery to include consulting rooms and a 100-hour pharmacy.
The extension would take place at Birchwood Medical Practice in Park Lane, North Walsham, with the consulting rooms and pharmacy positioned to the north of the site.
It is also proposed to add 10 more car parking spaces to the surgery, making the total, 44. Of those spaces, 19 will be marked spaces across the road from the surgery on a site which is currently unmade car parking.
The surgery will still be accessible from Park Lane, via the existing access way drive.
A planning application, submitted to North Norfolk District Council and currently under consultation, states; 'The proposals are for the extension to the medical practice to provide for additional and importantly required consulting rooms, and facilities improvements, including internal layout changes to enhance the visitor's experience of the medical practice.'
You may also want to watch:
'Together with the consulting rooms is the requirement for a 100 hour pharmacy outlet, which is an accepted part of any medical practice these days, as encouraged by the government for one stop medical help and advice.'
- 1 People released from car after crash closes road
- 2 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 3 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 4 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 5 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 6 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 7 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 10 Dream Lodge bosses face trial for wrongful trading