North Walsham supermarket staff raise pounds for lifeboat charity
Staff at a North Walsham supermarket have raised more than �4,000 for a lifeboat charity.
The workers at Sainsbury's North Walsham have raised a total of �4,156.38 over the past year, for the Mundesley Volunteer Inshore Rescue Service.
Events have included fundraising days at the store, dress up/down days, an Easter car boot sale, tombolas and seasonal activities.
Back in May last year, Sainsbury's customers in North Walsham voted for the Mundesley Inshore Rescue Service to be considered to receive a year's worth of fundraising and support from the store.
Colleagues presented a cheque for the money raised to fundraising representatives at the Mundesley Volunteer Inshore Rescue Service on Sunday at The Ship Inn, Mundesley.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Alexander, the chairman of the Mundesley Inshore Rescue Service, said: 'We're really grateful for the fantastic efforts of the colleagues and customers at Sainsbury's North Walsham. They have really helped to raise the profile of our charity in Mundesley. Your money will help us in purchase of new pagers for the crew, so thank-you'.
Rob Wilkinson, store manager of Sainsbury's North Walsham, added: 'From volunteering to the many fundraising activities that we've held, our customers have really helped to support our fundraising during our year's partnership with the Mundesley Inshore Rescue Service. To anyone who's contributed to our overall total, all of our colleagues would like to thank-you. Your donations have helped to support a local charity that's close to many people's hearts in Mundesley.'
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 7 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 8 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 9 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'