North Norfolk hair salon raises £700 with cancer charity coffee morning
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk hairdressers has treated customers to coffees and cakes as part of a cancer charity fundraiser.
Snippers Hair Salon, in North Walsham, joined the 'World's Biggest Coffee Morning' for Macmillan Cancer Support on Friday, September 28, and Saturday, September 29.
Clients were offered teas, coffees and cakes of all shapes, sizes and colours.
And the two-day fundraiser raised a total of £300 on the first day, which was matched by the salon, and saw a total of £709 raised for the charity.
Salon owner Shaun Marshall said: 'We all know someone whose life has been touched by cancer and Macmillan do such amazing work so we are pleased we can help such a worthy cause.
You may also want to watch:
'A big thank you to everyone for their generous support. We thoroughly enjoyed the two days of indulgence.'
And stylist Lucy Isbell, who planned the fundraiser, added: 'Everyone had to be a part of it - even if they had some help from Sainsbury's.'
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 6 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m