‘Vital’ cashback service at north Norfolk supermarket reinstated
- Credit: Archant
A 'vital' cashback service has been reinstated at a north Norfolk supermarket.
The Sainsbury's store in North Walsham has confirmed it will continue to provide a cashback facility to its shoppers.
The move was welcomed by north Norfolk MP Norman Lamb, who had written to Sainsbury's chief executive Mike Coupe, after frustrated residents who depended on the service after the recent closures of Barclays, Natwest and HSBC, raised the issue.
Mr Lamb said: 'I was really pleased to learn Sainsbury's took on board the concerns I raised in my letter to them.
'Having the cash-back service once again available in the North Walsham store will be a great relief to many local people who relied on it.
'This will also be welcome news to many businesses who feared a loss if people were unable to get hold of cash.'
He added: 'Sainsbury's swift response on this should be praised. I am hopeful that the North Walsham economy will continue to thrive.'
- 1 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 'A great escape' - How a Norfolk webcam helped a Canadian couple endure lockdown
- 4 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 5 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 6 New places for Mammoth Marathon to be released
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 8 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 9 Ice cream shop introduces vegan and dog options due to 'massive demand'
- 10 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK