‘Vital’ cashback service at north Norfolk supermarket reinstated
- Credit: Archant
A 'vital' cashback service has been reinstated at a north Norfolk supermarket.
The Sainsbury's store in North Walsham has confirmed it will continue to provide a cashback facility to its shoppers.
The move was welcomed by north Norfolk MP Norman Lamb, who had written to Sainsbury's chief executive Mike Coupe, after frustrated residents who depended on the service after the recent closures of Barclays, Natwest and HSBC, raised the issue.
Mr Lamb said: 'I was really pleased to learn Sainsbury's took on board the concerns I raised in my letter to them.
'Having the cash-back service once again available in the North Walsham store will be a great relief to many local people who relied on it.
You may also want to watch:
'This will also be welcome news to many businesses who feared a loss if people were unable to get hold of cash.'
He added: 'Sainsbury's swift response on this should be praised. I am hopeful that the North Walsham economy will continue to thrive.'
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day