School’s Duke of Edinburgh’s scheme gets Round Table boost
- Credit: Archant
It is both challenging and fun, and for many young people, taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme can be a life-changing experience.
And from this year, North Walsham High School is expanding its DofE programme so that almost all of its Year 9 student will get to take part.
And the school has received a boost from North Walsham and District Round Table, which has donated £1,330 so that they can buy tents and other equipment for DofE camping expeditions.
Adam Pittman, teacher and the school's DofE deputy leader, said: 'We want to say thank you to the North Walsham Round Table for their generosity.
'This is going to be a massive help. The kids are all really excited about starting their Duke of Edinburgh's.'
As part of the award, the students will also be volunteering around North Walsham in charity shops, with sports groups and for other good causes.
- 1 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 Eight cosy cafés in north Norfolk to visit this winter
- 4 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 5 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 6 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK
- 7 North Norfolk man charged with drugs offences after arrest in Wales
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed