Helpers are sought for North Walsham’s Poppy Appeal
- Credit: Colin Finch
An call has been put out for people to step up to the mark and help with this year's Poppy Appeal in North Walsham.
David Audley, the town's Poppy Appeal organiser, has asked for anyone who can take part to get in touch, and help them raise money over the collection period from Saturday, October 29 to Wednesday, November 10.
Helpers are needed to cover two-hour shifts.
Those interested are asked to call Mr Audley on 01692 404418.
A replacement for Mr Audley is also being sought, as he is retiring from his volunteer position after this year's collection.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants more information about the role should contact the Royal British Legion's (RBL) community fundraiser for Norfolk, Lyn Hatch, on 07795 426529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Poppy Appeal is the RBL's biggest fundraising campaign of the year, and proceeds help our Armed Forces veterans and their families.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Council apologises for removing WW2 gun emplacement parts without notice
- 5 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'People will be disappointed' : North Norfolk reacts to new tier 2 restrictions
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 'Hugely disappointed': Reaction to Tier 2 Covid restrictions for Norfolk
- 10 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two