Helpers are sought for North Walsham’s Poppy Appeal
- Credit: Colin Finch
An call has been put out for people to step up to the mark and help with this year's Poppy Appeal in North Walsham.
David Audley, the town's Poppy Appeal organiser, has asked for anyone who can take part to get in touch, and help them raise money over the collection period from Saturday, October 29 to Wednesday, November 10.
Helpers are needed to cover two-hour shifts.
Those interested are asked to call Mr Audley on 01692 404418.
A replacement for Mr Audley is also being sought, as he is retiring from his volunteer position after this year's collection.
Anyone who wants more information about the role should contact the Royal British Legion's (RBL) community fundraiser for Norfolk, Lyn Hatch, on 07795 426529 or email email@example.com.
The Poppy Appeal is the RBL's biggest fundraising campaign of the year, and proceeds help our Armed Forces veterans and their families.
- 1 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 4 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 5 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable
- 6 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Christmas market draws hundreds to high street
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Norfolk still has just one identified Omicron Covid case