Helpers are sought for North Walsham’s Poppy Appeal
- Credit: Colin Finch
An call has been put out for people to step up to the mark and help with this year's Poppy Appeal in North Walsham.
David Audley, the town's Poppy Appeal organiser, has asked for anyone who can take part to get in touch, and help them raise money over the collection period from Saturday, October 29 to Wednesday, November 10.
Helpers are needed to cover two-hour shifts.
Those interested are asked to call Mr Audley on 01692 404418.
A replacement for Mr Audley is also being sought, as he is retiring from his volunteer position after this year's collection.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants more information about the role should contact the Royal British Legion's (RBL) community fundraiser for Norfolk, Lyn Hatch, on 07795 426529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Poppy Appeal is the RBL's biggest fundraising campaign of the year, and proceeds help our Armed Forces veterans and their families.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Prison worker wrote affectionate letters to inmate and they kissed, court told