Meerkats, bell ringing and bouncy castles to feature at upcoming children’s day
- Credit: Archant
A Children's Day being planned for North Walsham will include a car boot sale, live music, bouncy castles and bell ringing.
The event is being organised for May 7 - Bank Holiday Monday - by North Walsham Play to take place in the grounds of St Nicholas Church.
Councillor Robert Murphy devised the event - last held in 2015 - as a way of raising money for North Walsham Play and the St Nicholas East Window Appeal.
Matthew Smith, North Walsham Play director, said: 'The star attraction will be an animal encounter experience, allowing children and adults to get up close to many different animals including meerkats and reptiles.
'Whether it be live music or delicious hot food, bouncy castles or trying your hand at bell ringing - there will be something for everyone.'
You may also want to watch:
The event will also feature a display of vehicles, vintage stocks, fundraising stalls, a balloon modeller and a face painter.
Mr Murphy said: 'We want to give families of North Walsham an excellent day that's affordable to all. It was also a main aim of mine to ensure any profits made from the event are given back to the town.'
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 7 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 8 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 10 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
The event is being supported by a grant from the Diocese of Norwich.
The event will run from midday to 4pm.