Live Aid event raises £9,000 for children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
Music lovers helped to raise £9,000 for a new children's hospice at this year's North Walsham Live Aid event.
Scores of people were at the North Walsham Community Centre for the April fundraiser to enjoy live music and bid on memorabilia items in an auction.
The proceeds have been given to East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) for the Nook hospice currently being built in Poringland, near Norwich.
Stacey Addison, EACH community fundraiser for the Nook, said they were delighted by the donation.
She said: "The money will be put towards the dedicated music therapy room, which will make a great difference to the children, young people and families who use it."
You may also want to watch:
"The building of the nook is getting towards completion now, but we still have £900,000 to raise.
"That means it's really important we keep receiving support from Norfolk communities and we're obviously really grateful for this donation."
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Prison worker wrote affectionate letters to inmate and they kissed, court told