North Norfolk patients enjoy festive visit from talented carol singers
- Credit: Archant
Patients at a north Norfolk hospital enjoyed a festive visit from a talented group of young carol singers.
The Broadland Youth Choir carried out their annual visit to the North Walsham War Memorial Hospital to sing to patients having to spend Christmas in the hospital.
Organised by the Friends of North Walsham Hospital group, the visit saw upbeat, seasonal classics performed by nine vocalists, aged eight to 16, from the Salhouse choir.
Friends' secretary Angela Batson said: 'You can see how the patients, and their visiting families, really enjoy the young choristers through their smiles and applause.
'It is quite emotional.'
You may also want to watch:
The choir says its regular visit to the hospital is one of the young singers' favourite gigs all year.
The Friends will be back at the hospital next weekend, on Saturday, December 22, to deliver festive gifts to the patients.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 6 Sunday market cancelled over weather warning
- 7 New summer car parks to open on coast
- 8 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
Find out more about their work at www.northwalsham hospitalfriends.org.uk