Good Neighbour scheme celebrates amazing volunteers
- Credit: North Walsham Good Neighbour Scheme
Volunteers who have been helping others around North Walsham have been honoured at a special celebration.
North Walsham Good Neighbours held the gathering to thank its volunteers, as well as to celebrate the golden anniversary of two of volunteers, Paul and Judy Robinson.
Mrs Robinson has become the first volunteer to complete 500 jobs in the scheme, which was founded six years ago.
Richard Barker, chairman of the group, said: “We could not miss celebrating this important anniversary with those who are the life-blood of the scheme.
"Since we began in September 2015 our volunteers have done thousands of jobs for hundreds of neighbours in the town."
You may also want to watch:
The group also delivered cream teas to more than 100 people in the community they support as part of the celebration.
Anyone who needs support from the scheme or would like to join the volunteer team can call 01692 558321 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk