North Walsham event helps Movember movement grow
Over �700 was raised for the popular Movember campaign at a successful 'Mo'tivation Night' in North Walsham.
Pencil, handlebar and just plain bushy moustaches have sprung up on the faces of men all over north Norfolk this month to raise awareness of men's health charities, such as The Prostate Cancer Charity.
The official Movember Norwich group - established by former North Walsham High School students - is now halfway to its target of raising more than the �4,000 it managed last year, at just over �2,000.
The group held the first of its Movember parties, the 'Mo'tivation Night', to keep people on track with their moustache growing.
Held at The Orchard Gardens pub in North Walsham, a packed out crowd raised �742 with a barbecue, raffle and general night of fun – that even saw a man shave off his moustache of more than 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Chris Wall, 23, said: 'The night was great, we had a lot of people there and Movember has been given a massive boost.
'There have been lots more people taking part in Movember this year and people have been really keen to get involved.'
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 6 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 7 Trees planted as part of community project
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
Fun awards were also given out at the event, with 'Best Mo So Far' going to Carl Rose, 'Lame Mo' being won by Edward Godden, Matt Starling winning 'Mr Mo'tivator' and Fay Parker claiming 'Miss Mid-Movember'.
The fun is set to continue on Friday when the Movember Norwich members gather for a celebration at The Hog In Armour pub in Norwich. The 'Dress to Suit Your Mo' party starts from 8pm and will include awards, live music and fancy dress.
? Send photos of your 'mo', including your name, age and address, to email@example.com. The best photos could be used online or in next week's paper.