North Walsham event helps Movember movement grow
Over �700 was raised for the popular Movember campaign at a successful 'Mo'tivation Night' in North Walsham.
Pencil, handlebar and just plain bushy moustaches have sprung up on the faces of men all over north Norfolk this month to raise awareness of men's health charities, such as The Prostate Cancer Charity.
The official Movember Norwich group - established by former North Walsham High School students - is now halfway to its target of raising more than the �4,000 it managed last year, at just over �2,000.
The group held the first of its Movember parties, the 'Mo'tivation Night', to keep people on track with their moustache growing.
Held at The Orchard Gardens pub in North Walsham, a packed out crowd raised �742 with a barbecue, raffle and general night of fun – that even saw a man shave off his moustache of more than 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Chris Wall, 23, said: 'The night was great, we had a lot of people there and Movember has been given a massive boost.
'There have been lots more people taking part in Movember this year and people have been really keen to get involved.'
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Council apologises for removing WW2 gun emplacement parts without notice
- 5 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'People will be disappointed' : North Norfolk reacts to new tier 2 restrictions
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 'Hugely disappointed': Reaction to Tier 2 Covid restrictions for Norfolk
- 10 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
Fun awards were also given out at the event, with 'Best Mo So Far' going to Carl Rose, 'Lame Mo' being won by Edward Godden, Matt Starling winning 'Mr Mo'tivator' and Fay Parker claiming 'Miss Mid-Movember'.
The fun is set to continue on Friday when the Movember Norwich members gather for a celebration at The Hog In Armour pub in Norwich. The 'Dress to Suit Your Mo' party starts from 8pm and will include awards, live music and fancy dress.
? Send photos of your 'mo', including your name, age and address, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The best photos could be used online or in next week's paper.