North Walsham event helps Movember movement grow
Over �700 was raised for the popular Movember campaign at a successful 'Mo'tivation Night' in North Walsham.
Pencil, handlebar and just plain bushy moustaches have sprung up on the faces of men all over north Norfolk this month to raise awareness of men's health charities, such as The Prostate Cancer Charity.
The official Movember Norwich group - established by former North Walsham High School students - is now halfway to its target of raising more than the �4,000 it managed last year, at just over �2,000.
The group held the first of its Movember parties, the 'Mo'tivation Night', to keep people on track with their moustache growing.
Held at The Orchard Gardens pub in North Walsham, a packed out crowd raised �742 with a barbecue, raffle and general night of fun – that even saw a man shave off his moustache of more than 30 years.
Organiser Chris Wall, 23, said: 'The night was great, we had a lot of people there and Movember has been given a massive boost.
'There have been lots more people taking part in Movember this year and people have been really keen to get involved.'
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 10 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
Fun awards were also given out at the event, with 'Best Mo So Far' going to Carl Rose, 'Lame Mo' being won by Edward Godden, Matt Starling winning 'Mr Mo'tivator' and Fay Parker claiming 'Miss Mid-Movember'.
The fun is set to continue on Friday when the Movember Norwich members gather for a celebration at The Hog In Armour pub in Norwich. The 'Dress to Suit Your Mo' party starts from 8pm and will include awards, live music and fancy dress.
? Send photos of your 'mo', including your name, age and address, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The best photos could be used online or in next week's paper.