North Walsham crime drops
Latest crime figures for North Walsham show a 38pc fall compared to the same period last year.
A total of 65 crimes were recorded between July 26 and September 25, PCSO Alex Spinks told last week's North Walsham Town Council meeting.
They included 18 thefts, 17 cases of violence against the person, and 26 reports of criminal damage.
Councillors heard that the drop was especially welcome because it had happened during the busiest summer period when 90 crimes had been recorded in 2009.
The Safer Neighbourhood Team's current priorities are tackling speeding in Swafield, anti-social behaviour in Stanley Road, North Walsham, and dog fouling in part of Trunch.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public can air any concerns with the police during a street meeting at North Walsham's Market Cross from 2.30pm to 3.30pm on Thursday October 28.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown