North Walsham councillors quit
HUSBAND and wife Peter and Ann Moore have resigned from North Walsham Town Council citing personal reasons and 'a growing antagonism towards district councillors.
HUSBAND and wife Peter and Ann Moore have resigned from North Walsham Town Council citing personal reasons and 'a growing antagonism towards district councillors.'
In future the Moores plan to concentrate on their duties as North Norfolk District Councillors. Mr Moore is not seeking re-election to his North Walsham West and Erpingham seat in next Thursday's county council ballot.
An election will be held to fill the vacancies created by the couple on the town council if 10 people request it. Otherwise, the seats will be filled by co-option.
*WOMEN have taken over the reins on North Walsham Town Council.
At Tuesday's annual meeting Sheila Gadsden succeeded Brian Wexler as town mayor and Anne Rose has been elected as her deputy.
Mrs Gadsden's husband Ted is also a town councillor and served as mayor in 2007-2008.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 3 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 4 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 5 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 6 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 7 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 8 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 9 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 10 Will Anne Boleyn’s ghost appear on this Norwich bridge tonight?