North Walsham councillors quit
HUSBAND and wife Peter and Ann Moore have resigned from North Walsham Town Council citing personal reasons and 'a growing antagonism towards district councillors.
HUSBAND and wife Peter and Ann Moore have resigned from North Walsham Town Council citing personal reasons and 'a growing antagonism towards district councillors.'
In future the Moores plan to concentrate on their duties as North Norfolk District Councillors. Mr Moore is not seeking re-election to his North Walsham West and Erpingham seat in next Thursday's county council ballot.
An election will be held to fill the vacancies created by the couple on the town council if 10 people request it. Otherwise, the seats will be filled by co-option.
*WOMEN have taken over the reins on North Walsham Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
At Tuesday's annual meeting Sheila Gadsden succeeded Brian Wexler as town mayor and Anne Rose has been elected as her deputy.
Mrs Gadsden's husband Ted is also a town councillor and served as mayor in 2007-2008.
- 1 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 2 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 9 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 10 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link