Thrift store’s latest grants go to school’s library and football kits
- Credit: Archant
A community shop awarded £1,850 to projects and people in North Walsham in its latest batch of grants.
North Walsham Community Shop gave £600 to North Walsham Think Carer Network towards the costs of publicity and promotion of its 'Big bash' community event on May 18.
Trustee Bob Wright said: 'North Walsham Football Club received £400 for providing team kit for its U6 team, Worstead Primary School, £500 to buy non-fiction books for its new library, and the Friends of North Walsham Junior and Infant Schools, £350 for the hire of equipment for its summer fair on July 7.'
The thrift store in the Market Place is owned, managed and run by four trustees and a team of 15 volunteers including one work experience student.
Application forms are available from the shop, or its website, and, for May grants, should be submitted by April 30.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 2 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 6 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 7 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 8 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost