North Walsham charity walk
A group of people are set to embark on a charity walk from North Walsham to Norwich next month raising money to help wounded soldiers and their families.
The 16-mile walk between North Walsham town centre and Norwich city hall is raising money for Help for Heroes and will take place on Saturday, June 4, starting at 8am.
There will be a group of around 12-13 people taking part in the fundraiser, including Katherine Bacon, 23, from North Walsham.
She said: 'We are all very excited and would like to raise as much money for this great cause as possible.'
She said they were also looking to receive sponsorship from people around the area and possibly local businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Donations to the cause can be made via www.bmycharity.com/thebigwalk.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 5 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further