North Walsham care home manager wins award
The manager of a North Walsham care home has been honoured with the directors' award at her company's annual prizegiving ceremony, beating off stiff competition from across East Anglia.
Emma Cooper, who manages The Manor House, was chosen by Healthcare Homes for the prestigious prize.
Chief executive Richard Clough, who presented her with the award alongside fellow directors David Bates and Graham Lomer, said: 'Emma has performed exceptionally well, not only in achieving her budget but also in becoming highly respected by her staff. She still finds the time to mentor new managers and do anything the senior team asks of her. She is an extremely valuable member of our team.'
The Manor House also won the 'Precision is the Key' prize for its consistent, timely and accurate weekly reports.
Ms Cooper said: 'I felt honoured to be presented with the Directors' Award. Having managed The Manor House for just under two years, it was wonderful to receive such recognition. I felt very proud to be presented with the award in front of so many worthy home managers.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Clough said: 'I'd like to congratulate all the winners, as well as all the very worthy nominees. We're now looking forward to an even more successful 2011 and are sure that our staff will do us just as proud over the next 12 months.'
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 3 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 6 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 7 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash
- 9 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 10 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph