North Walsham care home manager wins award
The manager of a North Walsham care home has been honoured with the directors' award at her company's annual prizegiving ceremony, beating off stiff competition from across East Anglia.
Emma Cooper, who manages The Manor House, was chosen by Healthcare Homes for the prestigious prize.
Chief executive Richard Clough, who presented her with the award alongside fellow directors David Bates and Graham Lomer, said: 'Emma has performed exceptionally well, not only in achieving her budget but also in becoming highly respected by her staff. She still finds the time to mentor new managers and do anything the senior team asks of her. She is an extremely valuable member of our team.'
The Manor House also won the 'Precision is the Key' prize for its consistent, timely and accurate weekly reports.
Ms Cooper said: 'I felt honoured to be presented with the Directors' Award. Having managed The Manor House for just under two years, it was wonderful to receive such recognition. I felt very proud to be presented with the award in front of so many worthy home managers.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Clough said: 'I'd like to congratulate all the winners, as well as all the very worthy nominees. We're now looking forward to an even more successful 2011 and are sure that our staff will do us just as proud over the next 12 months.'
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 7 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show