North Walsham care home manager wins award
The manager of a North Walsham care home has been honoured with the directors' award at her company's annual prizegiving ceremony, beating off stiff competition from across East Anglia.
Emma Cooper, who manages The Manor House, was chosen by Healthcare Homes for the prestigious prize.
Chief executive Richard Clough, who presented her with the award alongside fellow directors David Bates and Graham Lomer, said: 'Emma has performed exceptionally well, not only in achieving her budget but also in becoming highly respected by her staff. She still finds the time to mentor new managers and do anything the senior team asks of her. She is an extremely valuable member of our team.'
The Manor House also won the 'Precision is the Key' prize for its consistent, timely and accurate weekly reports.
Ms Cooper said: 'I felt honoured to be presented with the Directors' Award. Having managed The Manor House for just under two years, it was wonderful to receive such recognition. I felt very proud to be presented with the award in front of so many worthy home managers.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Clough said: 'I'd like to congratulate all the winners, as well as all the very worthy nominees. We're now looking forward to an even more successful 2011 and are sure that our staff will do us just as proud over the next 12 months.'
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 9 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 10 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link