WATCH: The moment car ploughs over wooden posts
- Credit: Archant
A motorist got more than they bargained for when they failed to spot a pair of posts.
The incident happened in front of North Walsham Car Sales in Nursery Drive at 1.48pm on Saturday, June 27.
Phillip Giles, director of the car business, which only started operating on April 1, said he noticed the posts were missing when he returned to work that afternoon.
Mr Giles realised what had become of them when he checked his CCTV footage.
He said: “When I got back to work I noticed that the posts were missing. “Initially I thought that someone had pinched them, so I checked the CCTV.”
You may also want to watch:
The footage shows the hatchback ploughing over the two circular wooden posts and sending them rolling away before coming to a stop.
Mr Giles said it was a reminder for motorists to slow down on the site, which is next to the North Walsham Garden Centre. He said 5mph speed limit signs and a one-way system sign were clearly visible to anyone entering.
- 1 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 2 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 3 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 4 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 5 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 6 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Welcome to our new website
- 8 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 Chef’s thanks for support after new business opens amid cancer diagnosis