Scams, plants and pets are all on the programme at ‘Big Bash’ event
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Community members will be able to find out about everything from keeping pets to growing plants at an upcoming North Walsham Big Bash event.
Almost 50 organisations will be represented at the Saturday, May 18 event, which is designed as a fun way to find out about new opportunities and useful services.
Paul Robinson, secretary of the group Think Carer, said: "Our members said they wanted to find out what is going on in the town, but didn't want to be bored.
"So the Big Bash will create a great atmosphere in which people can meet, share information, have some fun and talk about their hopes for the future of North Walsham.
"We especially hope people who feel a bit isolated, lonely or are new to the town come along and find a warm welcome and some new opportunities."
You may also want to watch:
Attendees will be able to take part in workshops covering topics such as: Learning day-to-day first aid and life saving skills; managing your mental health in a positive way; growing plants from seeds and cuttings; helping you understand and manage your sleep better and capturing memories in sound and music to aid the memory of people with dementia.
There will be presentations from Norfolk Against Scams Partnership on what to look out for and how to keep safe and a demonstration for anyone considering volunteering with their dog for the National Pets as Therapy Charity.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 4 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 5 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
There will also be two workshops especially for women: a relaxation programme to switch off busy minds and ease anxiety and a session to develop self-confidence, identify skills and undertake a career aptitude test.
North Norfolk Volunteer Hub will offer a wide range of volunteering opportunities for different ages, and North Walsham Community Shop will advise and support community groups on how to make a successful application to them for funding.
A Big Bash poetry competition will be launched on the theme 'North Walsham and Me', with prizes donated by Jarrolds Cromer.
North Walsham Town Council and the town's Community Shop are funding the event.
The event runs from 1.30pm to 4.30pm at North Walsham Library and Community Centre, for more information, email email@example.com.