North Norfolk youngsters win colouring competition
Two youngsters from north Norfolk have welcomed an extra special friend into their lives after winning a poster colouring competition.
Children up to the age of 10 were invited to enter a poster colouring competition to win Charlie Bear, a luxury cuddly teddy bear, and give him a happy home for Christmas.
There were three different designs the children could choose from, Santa carrying presents, Santa flying with his reindeer, or a snowman.
Lucy Taylor, aged nine, from North Walsham, won for her design of Santa and his reindeer, and Ellie Skipper, five, from Wroxham, was also a winner with her picture of Santa carrying presents.
Ellie's mum, Annette, said: 'I am very proud of Ellie and she is over the moon to have won. Charlie Bear will be her first ever teddy bear she has won, so he's very special indeed.'
You may also want to watch:
Lucy's mum, Helen, added: 'We are very pleased that Lucy was chosen as the winner. She is very pleased with Charlie Bear and gives him lots of cuddles.'
Ms Fuller said: 'We had some brilliant entries, and it was great to have so many children enter the competition. Both Lucy's and Ellie's pictures were very colourful and lots of effort had obviously been put into doing them. I'm sure that these two Charlie Bears are going off to two wonderful homes.'
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 3 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 6 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 7 Two Norfolk towns to fight for share of £220m funding war chest
- 8 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 9 Delays remain but town traffic chaos eases with removal of lights
- 10 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased