North Norfolk youngsters win colouring competition
Two youngsters from north Norfolk have welcomed an extra special friend into their lives after winning a poster colouring competition.
Children up to the age of 10 were invited to enter a poster colouring competition to win Charlie Bear, a luxury cuddly teddy bear, and give him a happy home for Christmas.
There were three different designs the children could choose from, Santa carrying presents, Santa flying with his reindeer, or a snowman.
Lucy Taylor, aged nine, from North Walsham, won for her design of Santa and his reindeer, and Ellie Skipper, five, from Wroxham, was also a winner with her picture of Santa carrying presents.
Ellie's mum, Annette, said: 'I am very proud of Ellie and she is over the moon to have won. Charlie Bear will be her first ever teddy bear she has won, so he's very special indeed.'
You may also want to watch:
Lucy's mum, Helen, added: 'We are very pleased that Lucy was chosen as the winner. She is very pleased with Charlie Bear and gives him lots of cuddles.'
Ms Fuller said: 'We had some brilliant entries, and it was great to have so many children enter the competition. Both Lucy's and Ellie's pictures were very colourful and lots of effort had obviously been put into doing them. I'm sure that these two Charlie Bears are going off to two wonderful homes.'
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Vaccine will be rolled out in line with supply and geography, says CCG