North Norfolk writer has book published
A writer who spent his childhood in Norfolk has published his first novel.
Simon Cole, who in the 1950s was at Paston in North Walsham and then at Hamonds Grammar School in Swaffham, has just had his first novel The Wisdom of Sage, which has been published as an e-book.
The Sage in the title is Quentin Sage, born out of wedlock in Leeds in the eighties and the action takes the reader through London, New York, Paris and Istanbul.
Until recently Mr Cole, who is in his sixties, was living on his boat The Phyllis Teyze, on the Golden Horn in Istanbul. He now divides his time between Istanbul and Albania.
Mr Cole, who has worked in a number of professions including as a Butlins Redcoat, lorry driver and a private secretary to a Saudi Prince, said there were more books planned.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Apart from the next two Sage books, which are well under way, I am working on a Murder-Mystery with the working title of Inscrutable in Istanbul.'
The Wisdom of Sage is published as an eBook by Welcome House is available from Kindle via www.amazon.co.uk and www.waterstones.com. It is part of a trilogy, and Middle Sage and Sage in Old Age are due to be published next year and 2014.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 4 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 5 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
- 6 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 'Feast or famine' - On the frontline in restaurants during Covid
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown