North Norfolk writer has book published
A writer who spent his childhood in Norfolk has published his first novel.
Simon Cole, who in the 1950s was at Paston in North Walsham and then at Hamonds Grammar School in Swaffham, has just had his first novel The Wisdom of Sage, which has been published as an e-book.
The Sage in the title is Quentin Sage, born out of wedlock in Leeds in the eighties and the action takes the reader through London, New York, Paris and Istanbul.
Until recently Mr Cole, who is in his sixties, was living on his boat The Phyllis Teyze, on the Golden Horn in Istanbul. He now divides his time between Istanbul and Albania.
Mr Cole, who has worked in a number of professions including as a Butlins Redcoat, lorry driver and a private secretary to a Saudi Prince, said there were more books planned.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Apart from the next two Sage books, which are well under way, I am working on a Murder-Mystery with the working title of Inscrutable in Istanbul.'
The Wisdom of Sage is published as an eBook by Welcome House is available from Kindle via www.amazon.co.uk and www.waterstones.com. It is part of a trilogy, and Middle Sage and Sage in Old Age are due to be published next year and 2014.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?