North Norfolk volunteers meet with Norman Lamb
Volunteers from a project aimed at improving people's physical and psychological health have met with north Norfolk MP Norman Lamb.
The North Norfolk Workout Project is a practical conservation project aimed at improving people's health and well-being by getting outdoors in nature whilst improving the environment. It is run by the volunteering charity, BTCV, on behalf of North Norfolk District Council.
The volunteers were taking part in the 'Coast to Coast in Norfolk - Walking with a Purpose' event held by Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Trust, aimed to highlight the physical and psychological health benefits of walking and being outdoors.
Norman Lamb participated in the event by cycling to the finish point in Cromer.
For more inforomation and the upcoming event programme for the North Norfolk Workout Project, contact project leader Mark Webster on 07843069567 or visit, www.btcv.org/norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 3 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women