North Norfolk volunteers meet with Norman Lamb
Volunteers from a project aimed at improving people's physical and psychological health have met with north Norfolk MP Norman Lamb.
The North Norfolk Workout Project is a practical conservation project aimed at improving people's health and well-being by getting outdoors in nature whilst improving the environment. It is run by the volunteering charity, BTCV, on behalf of North Norfolk District Council.
The volunteers were taking part in the 'Coast to Coast in Norfolk - Walking with a Purpose' event held by Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Trust, aimed to highlight the physical and psychological health benefits of walking and being outdoors.
Norman Lamb participated in the event by cycling to the finish point in Cromer.
For more inforomation and the upcoming event programme for the North Norfolk Workout Project, contact project leader Mark Webster on 07843069567 or visit, www.btcv.org/norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 6 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 9 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 10 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers