North Norfolk volunteers meet with Norman Lamb
Volunteers from a project aimed at improving people's physical and psychological health have met with north Norfolk MP Norman Lamb.
The North Norfolk Workout Project is a practical conservation project aimed at improving people's health and well-being by getting outdoors in nature whilst improving the environment. It is run by the volunteering charity, BTCV, on behalf of North Norfolk District Council.
The volunteers were taking part in the 'Coast to Coast in Norfolk - Walking with a Purpose' event held by Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Trust, aimed to highlight the physical and psychological health benefits of walking and being outdoors.
Norman Lamb participated in the event by cycling to the finish point in Cromer.
For more inforomation and the upcoming event programme for the North Norfolk Workout Project, contact project leader Mark Webster on 07843069567 or visit, www.btcv.org/norfolk.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 'Busiest November ever' - Shops and pubs in north Norfolk prepare for Christmas
- 9 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 10 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display