North Norfolk tourist gems lead charge for prestigious prizes
A host of North Norfolk tourist attractions, hotels and holiday parks are in the running for a prestigious prize.
The district's visitor gems are leading the charge in the 7th EDP Tourism Awards, having been shortlisted ahead of the final at Holiday Inn Norwich North on November 18.
Among the leading contenders, Wroxham Barns and The Blakeney Hotel have both been shortlisted in two categories.
Among those shortlisted are:
? Best visitor attraction - BeWILDerwood, Horning
? Best caravan and holiday park - Deer's Glade, Hanworth
? Best hotel - Beechwood Hotel, North Walsham; The Blakeney Hotel
- 1 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 2 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 3 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
- 4 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 5 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 6 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 7 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 8 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 9 Norfolk man runs 68 miles in one day for charity
- 10 Norfolk towns and villages which have received national recognition in 2022
? Best self-catering establishment - Plumtree Cottage, Ashmanhaugh
? Best visitor information - North Norfolk information centre
? Sustainable tourism award - Kelling Heath Holiday Park
? Best Broads holiday experience - Wroxham Barns
? Customer care award - The Blakeney Hotel
? Business marketing initiative - North Norfolk Railway; Wroxham Barns.
In their comments about Beechwood Hotel, the judges said: 'This hotel might make the ideal murder mystery location as Agatha Christie once was a regular guest and she is forever present in the delightful dining area.'
Of The Blakeney Hotel, they said: 'The position of this hotel is picture perfect with the sea inlet stretched out before you. Now awarded four-star status, the hotel can point to a number of impressive improvements.'
? For the full shortlist, visit www.edp24.co.uk or see today's EDP.