North Norfolk tourist gems lead charge for prestigious prizes
A host of North Norfolk tourist attractions, hotels and holiday parks are in the running for a prestigious prize.
The district's visitor gems are leading the charge in the 7th EDP Tourism Awards, having been shortlisted ahead of the final at Holiday Inn Norwich North on November 18.
Among the leading contenders, Wroxham Barns and The Blakeney Hotel have both been shortlisted in two categories.
Among those shortlisted are:
? Best visitor attraction - BeWILDerwood, Horning
You may also want to watch:
? Best caravan and holiday park - Deer's Glade, Hanworth
? Best hotel - Beechwood Hotel, North Walsham; The Blakeney Hotel
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 7 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
? Best self-catering establishment - Plumtree Cottage, Ashmanhaugh
? Best visitor information - North Norfolk information centre
? Sustainable tourism award - Kelling Heath Holiday Park
? Best Broads holiday experience - Wroxham Barns
? Customer care award - The Blakeney Hotel
? Business marketing initiative - North Norfolk Railway; Wroxham Barns.
In their comments about Beechwood Hotel, the judges said: 'This hotel might make the ideal murder mystery location as Agatha Christie once was a regular guest and she is forever present in the delightful dining area.'
Of The Blakeney Hotel, they said: 'The position of this hotel is picture perfect with the sea inlet stretched out before you. Now awarded four-star status, the hotel can point to a number of impressive improvements.'
? For the full shortlist, visit www.edp24.co.uk or see today's EDP.