North Norfolk teenager’s plea to help dreams come true
A plea has been made for anyone who can help make a talented north Norfolk teenager's dreams come true.
Zak Burbridge, 15, from Cawston, has been given a once in a lifetime opportunity to study his A-levels at the prestigious Redroofs Theatre School, the former school of famous faces including actresses Kate Winslet.
But the teenager must raise money towards the two-year course, which will cost just over �23,000 and start in September. He has been given a 20pc award towards the fees from the school, so needs to raise around �18,000.
His mum Sandra-Marie, 45, said there was no government funding they could apply for and the family could not afford the fees as she has had to reduce her working hours as a teacher as her health has deteriorated.
Zak, who has an older brother, Jacob, 21, is seeking weekend and holiday employment to help, and is also considering a sponsored cycle ride along the Marriott's Way.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'It would mean everything to me to go to Redroofs. The moment I stepped in to do my audition it was like being part of the family.'
Last year Zak spent two weeks with the National Youth Theatre, in London after passing an audition to become a member.
- 1 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 4 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 5 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 8 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
A yard sale to raise money towards Zak's fees and also for The North Norfolk Cats Lifeline Trust is taking place in Gayford Road, Cawston, on May 1 from 10am-4pm.
l Anyone who can help with raising the fees is asked to call the family on 01603 871475.
Picture: SIMON FINLAY