North Norfolk speaking club comes top of class
Members of a north Norfolk speaking club have come top of the class in a speech contest.
Following their success in the club contest on September 22, two members of North Norfolk Speakers Club (NNSC), David Ley and David Beecroft, went on to the area contest at Dereham Articulate Speakers Club on October 2.
In the humorous speech contest, contestants had to give a five to seven minute speech with a humorous twist.
David Ley, who was also celebrating his birthday, gave a speech entitled 'A Golden Opportunity' about his unusual Golden Wedding celebrations.
Next came the table topics contest. A Table Topic is a short speech of between one and two minutes where the speaker does not know the subject in advance. The subject chosen was 'Congratulations, You Have Won the Lottery, Who Will You Help and Why?'
You may also want to watch:
Imaginations ran wild as the contestants speculated on how they would spend their winnings and which family, friends and organizations they would help.
To the great delight of NNSC both categories were won by their entrants, David Ley and David Beecroft.
- 1 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 2 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 3 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 7 Hospital gets a brand new MRI machine
- 8 Man who died after falling from cliff took his own life, inquest rules
- 9 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 10 Car dealership volunteers run transport service to Covid jabs
The division contest takes place in Ware, Hertfordshire on October 24 where the club hopes they will continue their winning run.
North Norfolk Speakers Club meets on alternate Wednesday evenings at North Walsham High School from 7pm.
Everyone is welcome to try the club out free for three meetings. The next meeting is October 20.
For further details, contact Lynne on 01692 402662 or Brian on 01328 830402.