North Norfolk’s bin collections getting back to normal following severe weather
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk District Council's contractors Kier have begun the catch up of bin collections around the district following last week's severe weather, which resulted in three days of cancelled collections.
Bins will be collected in the following way:
-If you missed a black bin collection last week (ie February 28, March 1 or March 2), those catch up collections have begun today, Monday March 5, and will continue until the middle of the week. We will start collecting missed bins in date order starting with those missed on Wednesday February 28. Please leave your bin out in the usual place until it is collected. If your collection was delayed, you can leave a reasonable amount of 'extra' bagged up waste next to your bin and it will be collected.
-If your green bin is due to be collected this week, the first day it will be collected is on Thursday because priority is being given to missed black bins. Please leave your green bin out from Thursday until it is collected.
-If you missed a green bin collection last week (ie February 28, March 1 or March 2), there will be no catch ups of these because of the need to prioritise both missed and planned black bin collections. Your green bin will instead be collected on the next due date. If you have more recycling than fits in your bin, please put that recycling inside secured, clear bags and place those bags next to your green bin.
You may also want to watch:
-If your black bin is due to be collected this week, it should be collected on the normal day.
There is no need to report your bin as missed as we have made a note of all areas where crews need to return to. Please also note that crews will be working on Saturday in order to catch up rounds.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 7 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 Joy as nursery gets thumbs up from Ofsted
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history