North Norfolk railway enthusiasts’s new book
A model railway enthusiast from north Norfolk is passing on some of his tips in a new book.
Aspects of Modelling - Signalling, by Nigel Digby from Cromer, covers exactly what a railway modeller needs to know about signal boxes, the design and placing of signals and available kits and components.
Mr Digby, who specialises in the Midland and Great Northern Railway, worked as a BBC set designer in Manchester before moving to Paston in 1985 when he set up his own business making architectural and railway models.
He has written a number of books on railways. Aspects of Modelling is his third published book with Ian Allan Publishing, the other two are, A Guide to the Midland & Great Northern Joint Railway and Celebration of Steam: East Anglia.
Speaking about his latest book, he said: 'Signals are really the railway equivalent to traffic lights. The book helps railway modellers know where to put their signals and how to work them.'
You may also want to watch:
Models made by Mr Digby have included office blocks and windmills. His most recent project is Cromer Beach Station, which once finished will show the station as it looked when it first opened in the late 1880s.
Aspects of Modelling is published by Ian Allan Publishing and priced at �14.99.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 5 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 8 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines
More information about Mr Digby and the Midland and Great Northern Railway can be found at www.mgncircle.org.uk and