North Norfolk pub through to finals of a national competition
A North Norfolk pub is through to the finals of a national competition.
The Ratcatchers Inn at Cawston has been named a finalist in the Publican magazine's customer service pub of the year.
It is up against five other hostelries from across the country for the award, to be announced in April, at a gala dinner in London.
The Rat's, as locals call her, has received many awards in the past including winning the Ebex Taste of England Challenge last year.
Chef Chris Tortice, who received the Ebex award, was also a runner up in the Publican's Chef of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Peter McCarter said he was delighted to have been selected as a finalist as the pub always tried to give a warm welcome to its customers.
He said: 'We have been in business here for 13 years and have always stressed that it's the people on the other side of the bar who matter most to us.
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 7 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 10 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
We know our food is excellent but it's the atmosphere and the way people are welcomed that's just as important.'