North Norfolk pub through to finals of a national competition
A North Norfolk pub is through to the finals of a national competition.
The Ratcatchers Inn at Cawston has been named a finalist in the Publican magazine's customer service pub of the year.
It is up against five other hostelries from across the country for the award, to be announced in April, at a gala dinner in London.
The Rat's, as locals call her, has received many awards in the past including winning the Ebex Taste of England Challenge last year.
Chef Chris Tortice, who received the Ebex award, was also a runner up in the Publican's Chef of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Peter McCarter said he was delighted to have been selected as a finalist as the pub always tried to give a warm welcome to its customers.
He said: 'We have been in business here for 13 years and have always stressed that it's the people on the other side of the bar who matter most to us.
- 1 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 2 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 3 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Businesses launch Jack Valentine hamper scheme
We know our food is excellent but it's the atmosphere and the way people are welcomed that's just as important.'