North Norfolk political party launch centenary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Members of a north Norfolk political party have launched their celebrations of its 100th anniversary year.
The North Norfolk Labour Party (NNLP) will reach ten decades of political action in the community later this year.
And party organisers are marking the milestone with the publication of a book on the history of the party, a centenary dinner, and the sale of mugs and badges.
David Russell, NNLP archivist, said: 'We're celebrating our centenary this year, with the publication of The Banner Bright.
'We're also going to do a statement on the benefits of Europe, and hope to have a speaker in September.'
Jasper Haywood, NNLP youth officer, added: 'I'd like to see more young people involved with the Labour Party in the next 100 years.'
And Tim Bartlett, who designed the souvenirs, said 'We hope and believe that by promoting Labour in a proper manner we will return.'
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 3 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 6 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 7 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 8 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 9 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 10 'Rainbow of rhodies' puts on stunning display at Sheringham Park
The mugs cost £5 or two for £8. For details, visit: www.facebook.com/northnorfolk/