North Norfolk political party launch centenary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Members of a north Norfolk political party have launched their celebrations of its 100th anniversary year.
The North Norfolk Labour Party (NNLP) will reach ten decades of political action in the community later this year.
And party organisers are marking the milestone with the publication of a book on the history of the party, a centenary dinner, and the sale of mugs and badges.
David Russell, NNLP archivist, said: 'We're celebrating our centenary this year, with the publication of The Banner Bright.
'We're also going to do a statement on the benefits of Europe, and hope to have a speaker in September.'
You may also want to watch:
Jasper Haywood, NNLP youth officer, added: 'I'd like to see more young people involved with the Labour Party in the next 100 years.'
And Tim Bartlett, who designed the souvenirs, said 'We hope and believe that by promoting Labour in a proper manner we will return.'
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 10 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
The mugs cost £5 or two for £8. For details, visit: www.facebook.com/northnorfolk/