Photo contest highlights beauty of north Norfolk... and beyond
- Credit: Archant
A lovely view across the salt marshes with a sinking sun was one of the winning entries in a photographic competition.
Hanne Siebers' Evening Descends won the novices competition in conventional prints at North Norfolk Photographic Society, while Clive Matthews came second with Just Look and Surreal Sea from Ian Moxey was third.
In the advanced competition, first went to Nick Akers with Kingfisher and Stickleback Eye to Eye, the fish going into the bird's maw, with their eyes glaring at one another. Second was Surfing above the Sea by Frederic Landes, an almost abstract photograph of waves, and third was King of the Road by Diana Knight, showing a lion in the jungle. The competitions were judged by Howard King, who runs a professional service photographing funerals.
The society meets on the first and third Wednesdays monthly at Holt community centre.
For further details visit the website at www.nnphotosoc.org/
- 1 Town centre toilets to close for six weeks
- 2 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 3 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 5 Couple put 'TARDIS' home with 'amazing' sea views up for sale for £475k
- 6 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 7 Artist donates painting to fund in memory of Cromer teenager
- 8 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 9 Council leader offers to end feud with his local MP
- 10 £150 energy rebates being paid out across north Norfolk