Photo contest highlights beauty of north Norfolk... and beyond
- Credit: Archant
A lovely view across the salt marshes with a sinking sun was one of the winning entries in a photographic competition.
Hanne Siebers' Evening Descends won the novices competition in conventional prints at North Norfolk Photographic Society, while Clive Matthews came second with Just Look and Surreal Sea from Ian Moxey was third.
In the advanced competition, first went to Nick Akers with Kingfisher and Stickleback Eye to Eye, the fish going into the bird's maw, with their eyes glaring at one another. Second was Surfing above the Sea by Frederic Landes, an almost abstract photograph of waves, and third was King of the Road by Diana Knight, showing a lion in the jungle. The competitions were judged by Howard King, who runs a professional service photographing funerals.
The society meets on the first and third Wednesdays monthly at Holt community centre.
For further details visit the website at www.nnphotosoc.org/
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 9 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip