Photo contest highlights beauty of north Norfolk... and beyond
- Credit: Archant
A lovely view across the salt marshes with a sinking sun was one of the winning entries in a photographic competition.
Hanne Siebers' Evening Descends won the novices competition in conventional prints at North Norfolk Photographic Society, while Clive Matthews came second with Just Look and Surreal Sea from Ian Moxey was third.
In the advanced competition, first went to Nick Akers with Kingfisher and Stickleback Eye to Eye, the fish going into the bird's maw, with their eyes glaring at one another. Second was Surfing above the Sea by Frederic Landes, an almost abstract photograph of waves, and third was King of the Road by Diana Knight, showing a lion in the jungle. The competitions were judged by Howard King, who runs a professional service photographing funerals.
The society meets on the first and third Wednesdays monthly at Holt community centre.
For further details visit the website at www.nnphotosoc.org/
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 3 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 8 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 9 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof