North Norfolk has some of the UK’s best amateur photographers
- Credit: Archant
A photographic society continues to impress against other clubs from across the country.
North Norfolk Photographic Society (NNPS) spokesman Robin Johnson said: 'On April 4 the club welcomed members from Brancaster Camera Club and Wymondham Photographic Society for a three-way 'battle'.
'Each club submitted 20 prints for consideration by Vic Hainsworth, President of Colchester Photographic Society, and NNPS won the contest.
'In a much larger event, North Norfolk came second out of 12 clubs from as far away as Rochdale and Wakefield. The competition divided clubs into two groups who then appointed a judge to consider all the entries from their group - in effect 12 competitions with 12 judges. The top three in each group went into the final, where East Ipswich won, North Norfolk being one point behind.'
Society meetings are normally held on the first and third Wednesday of the month at Holt community centre.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 5 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 6 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 7 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 8 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 9 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 10 Could you be a gilly warden? Ex-quayside volunteer hopes role is revived