North Norfolk has some of the UK’s best amateur photographers
- Credit: Archant
A photographic society continues to impress against other clubs from across the country.
North Norfolk Photographic Society (NNPS) spokesman Robin Johnson said: 'On April 4 the club welcomed members from Brancaster Camera Club and Wymondham Photographic Society for a three-way 'battle'.
'Each club submitted 20 prints for consideration by Vic Hainsworth, President of Colchester Photographic Society, and NNPS won the contest.
'In a much larger event, North Norfolk came second out of 12 clubs from as far away as Rochdale and Wakefield. The competition divided clubs into two groups who then appointed a judge to consider all the entries from their group - in effect 12 competitions with 12 judges. The top three in each group went into the final, where East Ipswich won, North Norfolk being one point behind.'
Society meetings are normally held on the first and third Wednesday of the month at Holt community centre.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 3 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 4 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 5 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 6 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 7 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 8 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 9 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 10 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic