North Norfolk has some of the UK’s best amateur photographers
- Credit: Archant
A photographic society continues to impress against other clubs from across the country.
North Norfolk Photographic Society (NNPS) spokesman Robin Johnson said: 'On April 4 the club welcomed members from Brancaster Camera Club and Wymondham Photographic Society for a three-way 'battle'.
'Each club submitted 20 prints for consideration by Vic Hainsworth, President of Colchester Photographic Society, and NNPS won the contest.
'In a much larger event, North Norfolk came second out of 12 clubs from as far away as Rochdale and Wakefield. The competition divided clubs into two groups who then appointed a judge to consider all the entries from their group - in effect 12 competitions with 12 judges. The top three in each group went into the final, where East Ipswich won, North Norfolk being one point behind.'
Society meetings are normally held on the first and third Wednesday of the month at Holt community centre.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 10 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death