Norfolk radio presenters to spearhead new British music podcast/ broadcast in New York
- Credit: Archant
Two North Norfolk radio presenters are aiming to put the region on the map in the US by providing a new British music podcast/broadcast in New York.
Alan Thompson, who is a former BBC newsreader and Radio 2 producer, has teamed up with Nigel Pearce, who co-presents the radio series Teen Dreams with him on Future Radio 107.8FM in Norwich and Swindon 105.5FM.
Mr Pearce, from Cromer, who is North Norfolk district councillor for Suffield Park in the town, is a presenter, producer, writer and music almanac on the British '60s scene.
The pair started Teen Dreams four years ago for a single 13-week run, and their Future Radio specials on The Beatles 50 Years of Revolver, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Who's Next, and The Moody Blues Days of Future Passed have been popular across the pond with their style, scope and content.
So much so, the pair have been recommended to one of the biggest media companies in America to spearhead a new podcast/broadcast in the USA showcasing British music from the late '50s and early '60s to today.
You may also want to watch:
This new podcast, based in America, is called UK RADIO, through iHeartmedia, and will feature only British artists in the USA and further afield in Canada, Australia, Mexico and South Africa.
Mr Thompson, who lives in North Walsham, said: 'We are truly looking forward to becoming the anchor for this new American broadcast UKRADIO, and putting a new light and perspective on all British music, that has gone largely unnoticed and unheard to this very day.'
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
Teen Dreams can be heard every Sunday on Future Radio at 4pm.
UK RADIO has received high profile backing from media in New York, and longtime presenter Carol Miller, who is already a fan.
She said: 'The UKRADIO podcast will give American listeners a taste of real British radio. Nigel and Alan have a unique, knowledgeable, and distinctly British style that gives very personal insight into the artists and their music. UK artists have an 'at home' comfort level with their fellow countrymen, which we really don't get to experience here.'