MP visits Norfolk supermarket in support of Christmas food appeal
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb has visited a Sheringham supermarket in support of a national food collection to help people who find themselves in need this Christmas.
Mr Lamb was at the town's Tesco to promote the appeal, which last year collected 3.6 million meals for people in need.
Mr Lamb said: 'Christmas is a really tough time for many vulnerable people.
'The food collection supports those struggling to feed their families and I was thrilled to see how much local people donated to this important cause.'
Donations are distributed through charities FareShare and The Trussell Trust's foodbank network.
You may also want to watch:
Lindsay Boswell, FareShare's chief executive said: 'For charities doing their best to feed some of the most vulnerable over the Christmas period, these donations make a huge difference.'
The collection ran from November 30 to December 2.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 8 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches