MP visits Norfolk supermarket in support of Christmas food appeal
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb has visited a Sheringham supermarket in support of a national food collection to help people who find themselves in need this Christmas.
Mr Lamb was at the town's Tesco to promote the appeal, which last year collected 3.6 million meals for people in need.
Mr Lamb said: 'Christmas is a really tough time for many vulnerable people.
'The food collection supports those struggling to feed their families and I was thrilled to see how much local people donated to this important cause.'
Donations are distributed through charities FareShare and The Trussell Trust's foodbank network.
You may also want to watch:
Lindsay Boswell, FareShare's chief executive said: 'For charities doing their best to feed some of the most vulnerable over the Christmas period, these donations make a huge difference.'
The collection ran from November 30 to December 2.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 10 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser