Covid to blame as sports centres finally reopen
- Credit: Everyone Active
Three North Norfolk sports centres are finally reopening after 18 months' closure.
Stalham Sports Centre, North Walsham Sports Centre and Cromer Sports Centre will reopen on Friday, October 1.
The three centres have been closed since March 2020 and their operator, Everyone Active, has blamed the pandemic.
Stuart Jardine, contract manager, said: "We are delighted to reopen these centres and to provide an exciting range of activities to local communities.
“Unfortunately, reopening at an earlier date would not have been possible due to the impact of the pandemic on these sites – which are among our smaller centres in Norfolk."
People will no longer be able to pay in cash as the centres move to card payments only, and bookings for activities can be made online.
Everyone Active runs the centres on behalf of North Norfolk District Council. The other sites it manages, Victory Swim and Fitness Centre in North Walsham and Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre, have been open for months.
- 1 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 'A great escape' - How a Norfolk webcam helped a Canadian couple endure lockdown
- 4 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 5 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 6 New places for Mammoth Marathon to be released
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 8 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 9 Ice cream shop introduces vegan and dog options due to 'massive demand'
- 10 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK