North Norfolk house wins award
A country house in Holt has been named as the eastern region's favourite house.
Voewood, an arts and crafts country home in High Kelling, near Holt, has been chosen as the east regional winner in a competition run by Country Life magazine and estate agency Savills.
The competition was launched last autumn and received 150 nominations from across the country.
The national winner was Eyford House in Upper Slaughter, Gloucestershire.
Pottery designer Emma Bridgewater, one of the competition judges, said: 'Voewood takes your breath away. It is the perfect combination, because it could suit a small family with children, but it could also stretch.'
You may also want to watch:
Mark Hedges, editor of Country Life magazine, said: 'The search for England's favourite house has taken the judges all over the country. Everywhere, they saw houses of the highest quality and charm and in the east region, Voewood won the hearts of all the judges.'
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car