North Norfolk house wins award
A country house in Holt has been named as the eastern region's favourite house.
Voewood, an arts and crafts country home in High Kelling, near Holt, has been chosen as the east regional winner in a competition run by Country Life magazine and estate agency Savills.
The competition was launched last autumn and received 150 nominations from across the country.
The national winner was Eyford House in Upper Slaughter, Gloucestershire.
Pottery designer Emma Bridgewater, one of the competition judges, said: 'Voewood takes your breath away. It is the perfect combination, because it could suit a small family with children, but it could also stretch.'
You may also want to watch:
Mark Hedges, editor of Country Life magazine, said: 'The search for England's favourite house has taken the judges all over the country. Everywhere, they saw houses of the highest quality and charm and in the east region, Voewood won the hearts of all the judges.'
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 3 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 7 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed