North Norfolk house wins award
A country house in Holt has been named as the eastern region's favourite house.
Voewood, an arts and crafts country home in High Kelling, near Holt, has been chosen as the east regional winner in a competition run by Country Life magazine and estate agency Savills.
The competition was launched last autumn and received 150 nominations from across the country.
The national winner was Eyford House in Upper Slaughter, Gloucestershire.
Pottery designer Emma Bridgewater, one of the competition judges, said: 'Voewood takes your breath away. It is the perfect combination, because it could suit a small family with children, but it could also stretch.'
You may also want to watch:
Mark Hedges, editor of Country Life magazine, said: 'The search for England's favourite house has taken the judges all over the country. Everywhere, they saw houses of the highest quality and charm and in the east region, Voewood won the hearts of all the judges.'
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 9 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 10 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link