North Norfolk house wins award
A country house in Holt has been named as the eastern region's favourite house.
Voewood, an arts and crafts country home in High Kelling, near Holt, has been chosen as the east regional winner in a competition run by Country Life magazine and estate agency Savills.
The competition was launched last autumn and received 150 nominations from across the country.
The national winner was Eyford House in Upper Slaughter, Gloucestershire.
Pottery designer Emma Bridgewater, one of the competition judges, said: 'Voewood takes your breath away. It is the perfect combination, because it could suit a small family with children, but it could also stretch.'
You may also want to watch:
Mark Hedges, editor of Country Life magazine, said: 'The search for England's favourite house has taken the judges all over the country. Everywhere, they saw houses of the highest quality and charm and in the east region, Voewood won the hearts of all the judges.'
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 5 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
- 6 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Trees down and power cuts as winds batter Norfolk
- 9 Tribute to 'incredible' former teacher, campaigner and volunteer
- 10 'The universe works in funny ways' - Influencer reunited with lost ring