North Norfolk councillor resigns due to health reasons
- Credit: Archant
A North Norfolk district councillor has resigned due to health reasons.
Glyn Williams, who represented the Worstead ward for the Conservatives, has stepped down from his post with effect from December 22.
Mr Williams, who was first elected in May 2011, said he felt his health issues have left him unable to commit the necessary amount of time to his councillor responsibilities.
The Worstead ward includes Felmingham, Skeyton, Suffield, Swanton Abbott, Westwick and Worstead parishes.
A by-election will be called as soon as practicable in the New Year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder