North Norfolk councillor resigns due to health reasons
- Credit: Archant
A North Norfolk district councillor has resigned due to health reasons.
Glyn Williams, who represented the Worstead ward for the Conservatives, has stepped down from his post with effect from December 22.
Mr Williams, who was first elected in May 2011, said he felt his health issues have left him unable to commit the necessary amount of time to his councillor responsibilities.
The Worstead ward includes Felmingham, Skeyton, Suffield, Swanton Abbott, Westwick and Worstead parishes.
A by-election will be called as soon as practicable in the New Year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 7 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 8 Unique property overlooking Norfolk's Salthouse Marshes is for sale for £800,000
- 9 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 10 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier