Apprenticeship workshop to highlight benefits for businesses
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
The opportunities available for businesses that want to nurture fresh talent will be outlined at an apprenticeships workshop to be hosted by North Norfolk District Council.
Training providers will be at the Wednesday, April 25 event, and businesses will be able to learn about funding available to them.
Nigel Dixon, the council's portfolio holder for economic development and business, said: 'This is a 'must do' event for businesses of all sizes and across all sectors which have staffing and recruiting problems or are aspiring to include apprentices in the mix of their workforce.
'It will be an excellent chance to learn about the opportunities available to them, how to progress them and ways to share best practice.
'Many businesses – particularly smaller businesses – think that taking on apprentices is not for them. Some have worries about the cost or the time they need to spend with their apprentices, and others think 'What's in it for me?'
The free event will be held at the Atrium, North Walsham, from 4pm to 6pm. Training providers will be able to give information on a range of qualifications, including business administration, digital marketing, construction skills and food production.
Email email@example.com or call 01263 516331 to book.
- 1 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 2 Light it up! Hundreds flock to Cromer Christmas festival
- 3 New 'boutique hotel' for hedgehogs opens in north Norfolk
- 4 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 7 Village sub postmistress hangs up her date stamp after 24 years
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 10 Your say: How would you improve Holt?