Council awards grants to north Norfolk football club, harbour and canal
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk council has awarded its latest round of funding to community projects.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has given its support to Holt United Football Club, Cley Harbour, the North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust, Dilham Village Hall, Great Ryburgh Playing Field, Honing Village Club, the Holt Discharged Soldier and Sailors Federation allotments society, and Cley Parish Council.
The funding was awarded in the form of Big Society Fund grants totalling more than £63,000.
An NNDC spokesman said: 'The council is delighted to be able to support such a vast range of community projects across the district.
'The Big Society Fund grant is a great way to make the dreams of the community a reality and improve the lives of the people of north Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
Since the fund started in 2012, NNDC has awarded over £1,827,861 to 240 community projects in Norfolk.
For more information about the application process, visit www.northnorfolk.org/bsf or contact the BSF team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01263 513811.
- 1 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 2 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 3 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 4 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 5 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 6 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 7 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 8 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 9 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 10 Are these the best room views in the UK? Norfolk hotel scoops prize