Council awards grants to north Norfolk football club, harbour and canal
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk council has awarded its latest round of funding to community projects.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has given its support to Holt United Football Club, Cley Harbour, the North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust, Dilham Village Hall, Great Ryburgh Playing Field, Honing Village Club, the Holt Discharged Soldier and Sailors Federation allotments society, and Cley Parish Council.
The funding was awarded in the form of Big Society Fund grants totalling more than £63,000.
An NNDC spokesman said: 'The council is delighted to be able to support such a vast range of community projects across the district.
'The Big Society Fund grant is a great way to make the dreams of the community a reality and improve the lives of the people of north Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
Since the fund started in 2012, NNDC has awarded over £1,827,861 to 240 community projects in Norfolk.
For more information about the application process, visit www.northnorfolk.org/bsf or contact the BSF team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01263 513811.
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 3 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced