Council awards £11,000 to arts wellbeing projects
- Credit: Archant
Grants of £11,000 have been given to projects which aim to boost wellbeing through art.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has awarded £11,579 from its arts and culture fund to support projects in the district.
Projects benefiting include: Southrepps Chorale, £729; Cantamus Community Choir, £1,000; Holt Youth Centre, £2,000; The Friends of St Benets Abbey, £1,900; The Friends of North Lodge Park, £500; and The Garage, £1,000.
Other projects receiving further funding include: Little Snoring Parish Council, £500; Musical Keys, £500; Playing for Cake, £1,000; Sing Your Heart Out, £750; Creative Arts East, £500; Music for Families in Briston and Holt, £500; Supporting Women Activities Network, £500; and the North Norfolk Arts Co-Operative, £200.
The arts and culture fund is open for applications all year round, with the cut-off date for funding applications to go before the July panel on, Friday, June 28.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the application process, visit www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/artsandculturefund or contact the Communities team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01263 516248.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake