Council awards £11,000 to arts wellbeing projects
- Credit: Archant
Grants of £11,000 have been given to projects which aim to boost wellbeing through art.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has awarded £11,579 from its arts and culture fund to support projects in the district.
Projects benefiting include: Southrepps Chorale, £729; Cantamus Community Choir, £1,000; Holt Youth Centre, £2,000; The Friends of St Benets Abbey, £1,900; The Friends of North Lodge Park, £500; and The Garage, £1,000.
Other projects receiving further funding include: Little Snoring Parish Council, £500; Musical Keys, £500; Playing for Cake, £1,000; Sing Your Heart Out, £750; Creative Arts East, £500; Music for Families in Briston and Holt, £500; Supporting Women Activities Network, £500; and the North Norfolk Arts Co-Operative, £200.
The arts and culture fund is open for applications all year round, with the cut-off date for funding applications to go before the July panel on, Friday, June 28.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the application process, visit www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/artsandculturefund or contact the Communities team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01263 516248.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?