Norfolk cricket club thanks the public for fundraising help
- Credit: Archant
Bosses at a community-based cricket club have thanked members of the public and organisations for donations to help it replace the outdated clubhouse.
North Walsham's local cricket club, Bradfield aims to provide new facilities at the clubhouse.
Club spokesman Elaine Addison said: 'We want to say a huge thank-you to everyone who has donated funds, or pledged work, and helped with fundraising events over the last year.
'Incredibly, we have nearly raised all the funds needed for our rebuilding of the pavilion, but we still have around £7,000 still to raise, and our next fundraiser with the Co-op could get us over the line.
'As it's closed season for cricket, we have already started the build part of the project, and groundworks were completed last week.
'After the Christmas break, we'll be moving onto the construction phase, with fundraising carrying on through the year to finish off the project.'
- 1 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 2 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 3 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 4 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 5 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 6 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 7 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 8 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 9 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways