New Chairman and Vice-Chairman at North Norfolk District Council
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has appointed its new Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
This year's Chairman is Nicholas Coppack and the Vice-Chairman is Brian Hannah.
At the annual meeting of NNDC's Full Council, the outgoing Chairman, Richard Shepherd, handed cheques worth £1677.36 to the charity Nelson's Journey.
At the start of his year in office in May 2017, he had nominated Nelson's Journey as his chairman's charity.
Nelson's Journey chief executive Simon Wright attended the meeting to receive the cheque and thank all those who contributed to the sum raised. The charity supports children and young people that have experienced the death of a significant person in their life.
You may also want to watch:
After the presentation, members elected the 2018/19 Chairman and Vice-Chairman. The Chairman is elected at Full Council in May each year.
Mr Coppack nominated East Anglia's Children's Hospice as his chairman's charity.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
Council Leader John Lee led the vote of thanks to the outgoing Chairman and Vice-Chairman, Roy Reynolds and their consorts.