New Chairman and Vice-Chairman at North Norfolk District Council
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has appointed its new Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
This year's Chairman is Nicholas Coppack and the Vice-Chairman is Brian Hannah.
At the annual meeting of NNDC's Full Council, the outgoing Chairman, Richard Shepherd, handed cheques worth £1677.36 to the charity Nelson's Journey.
At the start of his year in office in May 2017, he had nominated Nelson's Journey as his chairman's charity.
Nelson's Journey chief executive Simon Wright attended the meeting to receive the cheque and thank all those who contributed to the sum raised. The charity supports children and young people that have experienced the death of a significant person in their life.
After the presentation, members elected the 2018/19 Chairman and Vice-Chairman. The Chairman is elected at Full Council in May each year.
Mr Coppack nominated East Anglia's Children's Hospice as his chairman's charity.
- 1 'I'd bring back the carnival raft race' - Q&A with Becky Robinson
- 2 Converted barn to Scandi-style lodge: 5 bungalows for sale in Norfolk
- 3 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 4 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 5 Obituary: Farmer and 'backbone' of agricultural organisations dies aged 83
- 6 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 7 'The time has come' - Landlord of seaside pub retires after 50 years at helm
- 8 'A good fit' - New owners to take over garden centre cafe
- 9 'Tourists must contribute' - North Norfolk car park fee increase backed
- 10 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
Council Leader John Lee led the vote of thanks to the outgoing Chairman and Vice-Chairman, Roy Reynolds and their consorts.