New Chairman and Vice-Chairman at North Norfolk District Council
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has appointed its new Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
This year's Chairman is Nicholas Coppack and the Vice-Chairman is Brian Hannah.
At the annual meeting of NNDC's Full Council, the outgoing Chairman, Richard Shepherd, handed cheques worth £1677.36 to the charity Nelson's Journey.
At the start of his year in office in May 2017, he had nominated Nelson's Journey as his chairman's charity.
Nelson's Journey chief executive Simon Wright attended the meeting to receive the cheque and thank all those who contributed to the sum raised. The charity supports children and young people that have experienced the death of a significant person in their life.
You may also want to watch:
After the presentation, members elected the 2018/19 Chairman and Vice-Chairman. The Chairman is elected at Full Council in May each year.
Mr Coppack nominated East Anglia's Children's Hospice as his chairman's charity.
- 1 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay
Council Leader John Lee led the vote of thanks to the outgoing Chairman and Vice-Chairman, Roy Reynolds and their consorts.