Could you perform in this upcoming opera?
- Credit: The North Norfolk Chamber Opera
Two nights of music are being held to give people a taste of an upcoming opera and to see if they would like to audition to be part of the show.
Next year, the North Norfolk Chamber Opera will put on a production of The Coronation of Poppea, by Claudio Monteverdi.
The opera was composed specifically to be performed in a church and is destined to be put on in St Margaret’s Church, Cley, in May 2022.
But in order to attract interest from people who might want to audition, the group is putting on two nights of from the opera.
The performances will take place on September 13 and 20 from 7.30pm at The Holt Youth Project in Old Station Way.
You may also want to watch:
Auditions for the 20 named roles in The Coronation of Poppea will be held shortly afterwards. No auditions are necessary to sing as part of the ensemble.
For full details visit www.northnorfolkchamberopera.co.uk.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach