North Norfolk building excellence put in the spotlight
Building projects around North Norfolk have been put in the spotlight.
Five North Norfolk developments are finalists in the regional Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Building Excellence Awards for 2011.
Projects from Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire are competing to be named the best in East Anglia, in 12 categories covering different types of building design, construction and use. The awards, to be given at a dinner at Stoke by Nayland Hotel and Golf Club in Suffolk on May 6, recognise projects that have been built to the highest standards, and demonstrate innovation and sustainability in design.
The five North Norfolk projects, which were nominated by Gary Cass, district building control surveyor at North Norfolk District Council, are New Victory Hall in Neatishead for best community building, Curve House in Edgefield for best individual house, Sunnyside Farm in Colby for best domestic extension, Petersfield Mews in Horning for best large housing development and NNDC Building Control, SMG Architects and Norfolk Homes for best partnership.
Regional winners will go forward to the national LABC Building Excellence Awards, to be presented in November.
Mr Cass said: 'We're very fortunate to work with builders and architects who are determined to reach the very best standards in their work. I wish our entrants all the very best — they deserve to be honoured for the lengths they go to, and the contribution they make to our communities, especially in these difficult financial times.'
- 1 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 Eight cosy cafés in north Norfolk to visit this winter
- 4 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 5 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 6 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK
- 7 North Norfolk man charged with drugs offences after arrest in Wales
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed