North Norfolk building excellence put in the spotlight
Building projects around North Norfolk have been put in the spotlight.
Five North Norfolk developments are finalists in the regional Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Building Excellence Awards for 2011.
Projects from Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire are competing to be named the best in East Anglia, in 12 categories covering different types of building design, construction and use. The awards, to be given at a dinner at Stoke by Nayland Hotel and Golf Club in Suffolk on May 6, recognise projects that have been built to the highest standards, and demonstrate innovation and sustainability in design.
The five North Norfolk projects, which were nominated by Gary Cass, district building control surveyor at North Norfolk District Council, are New Victory Hall in Neatishead for best community building, Curve House in Edgefield for best individual house, Sunnyside Farm in Colby for best domestic extension, Petersfield Mews in Horning for best large housing development and NNDC Building Control, SMG Architects and Norfolk Homes for best partnership.
Regional winners will go forward to the national LABC Building Excellence Awards, to be presented in November.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cass said: 'We're very fortunate to work with builders and architects who are determined to reach the very best standards in their work. I wish our entrants all the very best — they deserve to be honoured for the lengths they go to, and the contribution they make to our communities, especially in these difficult financial times.'
- 1 People released from car after crash closes road
- 2 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 3 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 4 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 5 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 6 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 7 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 10 Dream Lodge bosses face trial for wrongful trading