Norman Lamb urges north Norfolk organisations to apply for grants of up to £20,000
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A member of parliament is encouraging north Norfolk community groups and charities to apply for funding which could see them gain up to £20,000.
Norman Lamb, MP for North Norfolk, is asking organisations to apply for grants of between £500 and £20,000, raised by the players of People's Postcode lottery.
Between February 14 and 28, charities are being urged to submit their interest in the funding, which requires basic details about Mr Lamb said: 'North Norfolk is home to some fantastic charities which I've had the honour of working with over the years.
'I'd encourage as many local charities in my constituency and Norfolk as a whole to apply for this additional funding. It's a great opportunity.'
The funding is made available through three different charitable trusts depending on the type of project.
You may also want to watch:
The People's Postcode Trust handles applications that focus on the prevention of poverty, promotion of human rights and equal rights.
Postcode Local Trust supports community gardens, play areas, wildlife and green energy projects.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
The Postcode Community Trust focuses on grass-roots sports, arts, recreation and healthy living programmes
Clara Govier, head of charities at People's Postcode Lottery, said: '2017 was a fantastic year for hundreds of grass-roots projects across Great Britain, who received funding from these three Trusts in excess of £8.2 Million.
'We want to encourage charities to grab this opportunity so that they can continue to make a huge difference to communities around the country.'
Players of People's Postcode Lottery have raised more than £263 million to date for over 4,000 good causes across Great Britain and internationally.
A minimum of 32% from each ticket goes to charities.