Popular Norfolk pub’s kids’ menu designed by schoolchildren
- Credit: Emily Revell.
The next time you pop into a north Norfolk pub, take a look at the children's menu - its pictures were designed by Brancaster youngsters.
Pupils from Brancaster Primary will make their annual visit to the White Horse in Brancaster Staithe on Wednesday, April 18, when the best design will be announced and the youngsters will also be taught how to make healthy meals.
Sarah Bocking, executive headteacher, said: 'The school likes to be at the heart of the community so to design pictures for the menu is a good way for the children to do something for their community.
'It is also a chance to widen the horizons of those children who wouldn't otherwise visit restaurants. It also enables our children to investigate some of the career options available to them.'
Rob Williamson, the pub's general manager, said: 'It's a great community event and something we always want to be part of.'
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 6 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 7 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 8 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 9 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 10 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar