Watch out Team GB - Norfolk school impresses in athletics championship
- Credit: Archant
It was a fantastic and amazing sporting year for Millfield Primary School in North walsham with children competing and winning in various events.
Most recently, ten pupils competed in the inaugural Norfolk School Games 'Quadkids' Athletic competition at the UEA on Friday, June 20.
The children took part in four separate events, 75m, 600m, Vortex throw and standing jump and their individual scores were added together for an overall team score.
Spokesman Dawn Price said: 'The children also got the chance to speak to local Commonwealth Games steeplechase athlete, Iona Lake during the day. Everyone played their part and Millfield came top of the county. Mr Smith, the school's PE co-ordinator and year 3/4 teacher, who took the children to the event, shared their fantastic news with the school in a special assembly honouring their achievement.'
He said: 'Team GB may have some competition in the future. Well done to all those involved.'
- 1 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 2 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 3 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 4 Retired nurse took her own life, inquest hears
- 5 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 6 Two new community clubs launched by mum from Holt
- 7 WATCH: Stunning moment thousands of geese take flight over nature reserve
- 8 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 9 Have your say on Glaven Valley conservation area plans
- 10 'Overcome and honoured' - Former mayor cast in new role with theatre