Watch out Team GB - Norfolk school impresses in athletics championship
- Credit: Archant
It was a fantastic and amazing sporting year for Millfield Primary School in North walsham with children competing and winning in various events.
Most recently, ten pupils competed in the inaugural Norfolk School Games 'Quadkids' Athletic competition at the UEA on Friday, June 20.
The children took part in four separate events, 75m, 600m, Vortex throw and standing jump and their individual scores were added together for an overall team score.
Spokesman Dawn Price said: 'The children also got the chance to speak to local Commonwealth Games steeplechase athlete, Iona Lake during the day. Everyone played their part and Millfield came top of the county. Mr Smith, the school's PE co-ordinator and year 3/4 teacher, who took the children to the event, shared their fantastic news with the school in a special assembly honouring their achievement.'
He said: 'Team GB may have some competition in the future. Well done to all those involved.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 6 Trees planted as part of community project
- 7 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months