Watch out Team GB - Norfolk school impresses in athletics championship
- Credit: Archant
It was a fantastic and amazing sporting year for Millfield Primary School in North walsham with children competing and winning in various events.
Most recently, ten pupils competed in the inaugural Norfolk School Games 'Quadkids' Athletic competition at the UEA on Friday, June 20.
The children took part in four separate events, 75m, 600m, Vortex throw and standing jump and their individual scores were added together for an overall team score.
Spokesman Dawn Price said: 'The children also got the chance to speak to local Commonwealth Games steeplechase athlete, Iona Lake during the day. Everyone played their part and Millfield came top of the county. Mr Smith, the school's PE co-ordinator and year 3/4 teacher, who took the children to the event, shared their fantastic news with the school in a special assembly honouring their achievement.'
He said: 'Team GB may have some competition in the future. Well done to all those involved.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident