Norfolk towns and villages which have received national recognition in 2022
- Credit: IAN BURT
From the UK's most romantic staycation spot to one of the best places to live, it's no wonder so many people decide to set down roots in Norfolk.
Here are some of our towns and villages which have been recognised on the national stage this year.
This village was named as one the UK's most upmarket seaside towns and it was even likened to The Hamptons by estate agents, Savills, and the Telegraph.
The average house price is £837,105 and it was praised for having "plenty of life, 12 months of the year", while also being described as "the next 'Chelsea-On-Sea".
With an average house price of £378,054, Overstrand also featured in the Telegraph list of upmarket seaside towns in the 'towns on the rise' category.
It was described as having a wide range of amenities including the two-AA rosette and four-star pub, the White Horse Inn, and Belfry Primary School.
This village was named among the UK's poshest places to live by the Telegraph.
- 1 Hundreds turn out to see Lionesses star Lauren Hemp given freedom of town
- 2 Opinion: 'Greed is behind town centre decline'
- 3 Platform offering stunning views of north Norfolk coast reopens
- 4 'You could see every bone' - Abandoned dog found in ditch at camping site
- 5 Lioness star Lauren Hemp enjoys return of hometown beer festival
- 6 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 7 'Gamechanger' lifeboat funded by Freemasons enters service
- 8 Levelling Up bids submitted for pair of Norfolk towns
- 9 Concerns raised over proposed 343-home estate
- 10 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
The average house price is £826,770 and the village was praised for its antique shops, fashionable hotels and restaurants.
It was also named as one of the most beautiful villages in the UK and Ireland by Condé Nast Traveller.
It described the town's "outstanding beauty" which is perfect for couples looking for a "beautiful beach getaway."
This village was named as one of the best places to live in the UK by the Best Places to Live guide for 2022.
The judges wrote: "With its huge, picturesque green, complete with duck pond, and brilliant community spirit, village life is at its most idyllic here."
Aldborough was named as one of the UK's best up and coming areas by the Sunday Times.
The village, just south of Cromer, was praised for its historic houses around the huge village green.
Brooke was also named as one of the UK's best up and coming areas by the Sunday Times.
The village, south of Norwich, was described as a "great little village with pub, shops and a cricket team".