Watch: Awesome try wins Norfolk teen Leicester Tigers’ try-of-the-season award
- Credit: Leicester Tigers
Norfolk teen Andre Dunn has won Leicester Tigers' try-of-the-season award.
The 18-year-old's mixture of power and skill to score during Tigers' Under-18 Academy League Grand Final claimed 45 percent of the votes from fans in an online poll.
The Langley School first XV co-captain, a former West Norfolk RFC junior who was born in New Zealand, scored during the 43-21 win over Gloucester at Allianz Park in March which saw Tigers finish the U18 league season as the only undefeated side in the country.
Dunn shares the Langley captaincy with Thetford-raised forward Thom Smith, leading the Holt school to victory in the U18 Schools' Vase at Twickenham this season as well.
The centre's Grand Final try earned him a Premiership A League debut against Wasps a fortnight later as the Auckland-born prospect's fine season continued. He is among a group of Norfolk lads in the Tigers academy hoping to follow in the footsteps of the Youngs brothers at Leicester.
Another of those young hopefuls to make significant progress this season was Harry Simmons, who won the Aviva Premiership club's Players' Young Player of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 6 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 7 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 8 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 9 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?