Norfolk people urged to nominate individuals and teams for second care awards
- Credit: Supplied
Do you know a carer who has gone beyond the call of duty?
Local people are being urged to nominate an individual or team who have made a real difference to their family for the second Norfolk Care Awards.
With almost a month to go before nominations close, organisers are calling on people to put forward carer and support service workers who have delivered excellent care.
More than 100 nominations were received last year for the inaugural Norfolk Care Awards, which celebrate the importance of the care sector.
Some of the winners of last year's awards spoke of their pride at being recognised for their work.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Rankin, of Holmwood House Care Home, in Swaffham, who won the 'bringing people together through activities' category, said: 'Winning the award was a fantastic feeling, appreciation, achievement and recognition, for a very rewarding job.'
Sherylanne Hodgins, of Avery Lodge Residential Home in Southtown Road, Great Yarmouth, which won the Archant-sponsored learning and development award, added: 'For a small independent home this is the best thing that could have happened.'
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 6 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 7 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 8 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 9 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Nominations can be made until November 22 and the awards will be presented at Sprowston Manor Hotel, Norwich, on February 26. The Norfolk Care Awards are supported by Norfolk County Council, Norfolk and Suffolk Dementia Alliance, Norfolk and Suffolk Palliative Care Academy, University of East Anglia, City College Norfolk, N-able, Norse, Boots, Alan Boswell Insurance Agency and Norfolk Independent Care.
To make a nomination, visit www.norfolkcareawards.co.uk